From a Black Man's heart

From a Black Man's Heart

Monday, April 17, 2006

Back in stride again

It has been a minute since I last posted. So much has happened, so much has been going on. I need to fist give PRAISE & HONOR to my GOD for blessing me in the many ways he has. During this time dealing with being unemployed was "THE BIGGEST" challenge for me. But he blessed me to remain busy in a very productive way. I was named Technical Director for the church's Drama Ministry and we did the second production yesterday. It was actually the "Ressurection Sunday" 11am service. GOD showed up and he showed off. Many lives were touched, we had new members joined and I was personally touched in a way I never thought would ever happen.

I have to show much love to our GROW GROUP because those young people really did a great job with such short time for rehersals. You all are such an inspiration to me and I can't ever find enough "Thank You's" to show you just how much of a value you are to me personally.

My time has allowed me to do some serious reflecting on this path in which GOD is laying before me. The challenge is being patient and being steadfast. As much as I so want to have a job I also want to run my own. If the choice was left up to me I would prefer to have my own business. Having my own business allows me the freedom of creativity (most importantly), and the time to give to my customers. One thing I have come under fire on previous jobs for is being me. In this business being you can hurt you. You are not really allowed the time nor opportunity to explain what was wrong, how you solved it, and what to do because it takes away from the others waiting for service.

Not to mention the fact that there are never really enough bodies to cover the demand. I am interested in the beginner/intermediate user. Those are the people that worry and panic when a system is NOT working like they are used to. They are the one's that do require a calmer spirit and a little hand holding during the process. I have been called a techie but to me there are 3 levels of a techie.

Level 1: Is the one you get on the phone. He/She is either in a career change and is still learning their job and responsibility. They are not as helpful in resolution on the phone, the claim to not know what you are talking about and just want to create a ticket and will snap at you if you snap at them. Basically they are GREEN as a well kept garden. *SIDE NOTE* Some have done it for so long but have not retained problem resolution skills because they saw no desire to.

Level 2: These are the ones who are really in the right place. They have enough experience in problem resoultion on the phone. They are mannerable, experienced in getting someone to describe the problem, innovative in resolving issue, calm, and have a desire to learn all they can about their job and responsibility. They are detail oriented and do very good research on issues. The thing that makes them stand out is they are not afraid to ask for help when needed. People really love their service and in most cases either call the directly or request their service when making a trouble call. We are the one's that can come in and hit the ground running.

Level 3: This is the one that eats, sleeps, and drinks tech. They spend lots of time (actually too much time) acquiring certifications. They go by the book in problem resolutions. I mean if your problem is minor they approach it like it is a page 45 issue. They do not explain in a understandable manner to the person that is not tech saavy. They normally pop-in, say nothing and pop-out. They do not believe in asking for assistance when and if they get stuck. They have big ego's and can't accept being wrong. They are the ones that are often referred to as GURU's. They have no life after work. They will put family & friends to the back.

I consider myself a level 2 person with a street, hip-hop flava. Cats like I are rare breeds and really are destined to have our own businesses. I like to tinker and discover ways of combining. I believe most computer issues are not as complex as people make them seem. I take the time to counsel and calm the user before I resolve the issue. I make sure they have a way to contact me if ever the issue arrives again. But most importantly I do my best to empower the user. That is what makes me rare.

Like last post I have gone on quite a few interviews and am realizing cats like me don't come cheap. It has made me a little disappointed but in turn has inspired me to move forward. The time has come for me to step out on faith and believe that GOD is going to see me through. I can see some of his blessings just based upon those that have called on me to provide them with PC service, those that have offered to help me with business planning, and those who have placed me in a position to utilize my talents. I can say to those employers who though I was not suitable for the positions I interviewed for..."You just don't know what you missed".

As you can see part of my keeping busy was the changing of this site. Am I finished? NEVER. There is always something else to do. I just thank GOD for keeping me from giving up. Well I am going to stop here. But there is still much more for me to write about so just stay tuned.

Each one, Teach one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home