From a Black Man's heart

From a Black Man's Heart

Friday, June 09, 2006

That's a fact

My head hurts,
Hurting from the many thoughts that are going through it,
Thoughts coming faster that the waves can process,
Consumed by the standards of a society that thinks they know what's best for me,
I can here the chains breaking internally,
I can stretch my arms and reach for that thing that I so desire,
Concerns, desires, wishes, visions...yeah that's it...visions,

Just got through reading a book called "Breaking the curse of Willie Lynch"
by Alvin Morrow

The description says it's a shocking eye opener. I will admit to that. I have had the book for a while just never had the desire to pick up and read it. But last week I did. And for the record I recommend it to anyone but I also suggest being open to recieve the message embedded within it.

Here it is a few weeks after the big 40 and I find myself internally in a place that I have never been. A place where my questions of me are very audible. A place where I can do nothing but stop and make a great effort at addressing these questions. A place where my visions are clear and my faith in undeniably strong.

Here is where I see what I want to do and where I want to go. It is showing me what the fruits of my labor has done. It inspires me to go forth and seek that in which I so desire. NO fear, NO worry, NO stress, NO pain...just pure enjoyment and happiness.

This book has contributed to some of the answers to the questions in this place. It has provided me with a slight understanding as to why things are the way they are, and a way to overcome some of the deep issues I face. I can't wait to begin to apply them to my daily life. So much more to talk about but need to slow down and process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home